Sunday, December 18, 2011

10 More Days with my "Baby"

Only 10 more days for Noah and Mommy to have "just us" time...so we're making the most of it! As of late, I have to admit that my extra dose of being tired at 8 and a half months pregnant (and thanks for those occasional 5:30 a.m. wake up calls, Noah) this last month doesn't help that we've been watching Sesame Street episodes and Baby Einstein videos a bit above average...However, with the weather being cold, rainy, or snowy our options at home for entertainment have become a bit more limited.

Here are a few things we have been up to!

In this video, Noah recognizes different vehicles like "ambulance", "taxi", and "boat". I'm sorry...but I'm impressed! We love wooden puzzles lately :-)  His vocabulary is just beginning to expand on a daily basis which is so exciting to see.



The first snow came a few weeks ago...and I bundled up the little man for some time outdoors. Getting him dressed for the occasion took about 15 minutes...and actual time outside before I couldn't handle watching him slip on ice and snow any longer...10 minutes. But was still able to get a few adorable pics of his first outdoor snow adventure with snowpants!




Cookie making with his pal, Ray, was also a fun activity that Noah surprisingly enough was able to sit through.  I am thinking the lure of delicious frosting had something to do with that.  It really showed me that I need to start including him more in the kitchen helping me stir and measure/pour ingredients.  Pancakes may be our next project in the kitchen. 

Cookie making materials are out and we're ready to go!

Look at the concentration :-)


Delicately putting sprinkles on his cookie...followed by a well deserved licking of the fingers :-)

Enjoying the fruits of our labor!

Crafts have also been on the agenda this month. Wish I could say we do a craft every day...but let's be real. Noah is still definitely at the age where following multi-step directions or sitting contently at the table for long periods of time coloring are not on his radar.  We made these garden stepping stones as a Christmas gift for the grandparents (sorry if I ruined the surprise, Mom!)...wish I had more pictures to document that Noah did in fact help place the decorative stones on it, however, I attempted this project alone after breakfast one morning with him.  Since the project did not involve food...the attention span was a little more limited and rocks almost made it in the mouth! I picked up these kits @ JoAnn's and thought they turned out okay.  In hindsight I wouldn't have made the mix so runny...and placing Noah's hand flat was a task that took some coaxing and patience for both Noah and myself. However, it's a memory that I think the grandparents will appreciate.

 
Recently Noah has also become a little more "cuddly" after nap time and before bedtime.  His pacifier and blanket are with him at all times and he seems to call out "mama" a lot more frequently if I am not in the room.  Some may call this intuition that he knows another baby will be entering the picture soon...but I'm not sure I buy that. We do talk about the baby a lot and when I point to my stomach and ask "Noah, what is in here?" he answers, "baby"...even occasionally giving my tummy a kiss. However, I don't think he quite understands how different his world is about to become in a few short days. 

Without getting too emotional, I am also trying to wrap my head around how different my world will be in a few short days.  I was just mentioning to Nick how fast this time has gone with Noah as our only child...he won't be my little "baby" anymore but instead will be my oldest child.  Last year at this time he was crawling...now he runs, talks, and laughs. Next year he'll be holding conversations and getting ready for preschool.  It is very cliche, but time does move by way too quickly so keeping up with this blog to record all the cuddles, projects, ups and downs, activities, and memories I have with my children is so important to me. 

Finally, another thing Noah and I will be enjoying and savoring over the next 10 days ...nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...