Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall is finally here!

Easily my second favorite season (close second to summer...I mean, I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy the beach, water, no school, and warm weather). This fall has definitely felt so much different than past autumns most likely due to the fact that I'm staying home with a small toddler who is just amazed at his surroundings every day! Just the other day, we were picking up leaves and exploring them with our eyes and fingers and he loves hearing the crunch of dead leaves as we walk around the local nature trail near the hospital. I think one of the best things about being a parent is that children truly do help you appreciate things again or in a new way...I mean, how often (or when is the last time) have you stopped to pick up a fallen leaf and admire the changing colors and hues? Yeah...that's what I thought.

Noah was around 6 months last year at this time and fall didn't even have the same meaning there for me. We did the "Halloween" thing...but he wasn't at that age yet to appreciate and enjoy the costume, candy, orchards, pumpkins, or the changing scenery in nature. 

Halloween 2010:
Noah @ 6 months...dressed as a little mouse :-)

This year, I am giddy with excitement at taking him to an orchard, sit in a pumpkin patch, and drink cider and donuts. We've already been busy doing a few of these things...along with other adventures due to the fact this weather around here lately has been off the charts warm! Today, for example, we went to the zoo considering the weather was in the 70's. Here are a few things we have been up to as September closed and October opened...looking forward to putting up more "fall" pics soon of all the fun we've been having!

Enjoying a donut with his pal Ray at the local orchard in Commerce

Giant chair @ Long's Orchard

 Hay maze @ the Detroit Zoo...Noah is not really a fan of the scratchy hay as you can see from his expression.
Playing peek-a-boo in the maze

Playground fun @ the zoo!

My cutie-pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...